Unleash your inner dancer at PSB!
Nowadays everyone likes to watch competitive dance shows on tv such as So You Think You Can Dance or Dancing With The Stars. What if I tell you if you get up from the couch and sign up for dance classes at PSB, you can have as much fun as them while staying fit at the same time. Dance could be done competitively or socially. Instead of running on a treadmill or doing squats, you can simply just dance! Dance is an exciting way to stay fit because anyone can do it. No matter how old you are or if you are fit or not. There are various amounts of benefits that dance has. It helps you physically, mentally and emotionally.
Benefits of Dance
- It boosts your memory. In most dance classes, you are taught a 30 second – 1 min routine that you need to learn in an hour. This can help boost your memory by training your mind to learn new dance moves in under an hour. Which can help reduce the risks of having Alzheimer’s and dementia.
- It improves your overall cardiovascular health. While dancing your heart rate goes up can be beneficial to your cardiovascular health.
- It increases your flexibility. Stretching before and after dance class is a crucial step to do, to avoid injury. As you attend more classes, you will begin to stretch more often. The more you stretch the easier it’ll become and you’ll end up being flexible.
- Decreases depression. Dancing could be very therapeutic to some people who suffer from depression. It could be an outlet for some people to express themselves and feel free while doing it. Many people prefer not to talk about their feelings. Therefore, being able to express yourself while not saying a word could be therapeutic mentally and physically.
- Anyone can simply do it. Whether you’re 60 years old or 10 years old. As long as you can move you can dance. Even people with disabilities can benefit from dancing. It is open, accepting and available to anyone.
Here is an article that talks about more benefits that dance provides
The levels of dance classes PSB offers
At PSB we have three different levels of dance. Beginner, intermediate and advanced/pro. This depends on your dancing skills and experience. However, you get to decide which class you want to take at which level. However, anyone can join any class they want. Even if you have no dance experience and want to join an advanced class you can!
At the beginner, level dances are easier to learn and catch on to. This is for people who have no dance experience and just started to dance and are still learning how to catch on to choreography. In this class, the moves will be at a slower pace and easier to learn.
This is for people who have little to some dance experience. Choreography will be faster than the beginner level but also easy to catch on to.
Advanced/ pro level
This class is for people who have been in the dance industry for a while. The choreography will be faster and a bit challenging. This class will also include more advanced moves and tricks.
Meet our Choreographers
Chachi is an excellent choreographer as she was part of the dance crew I.am.ME. Her team participated in the tv show America’s best dance crew and won the 6th season of the show. Chachi’s been dancing ever since she was a little girl. She danced with many celebrities such as Britney Spears.
Matt is an executive producer and choreographer for Dance tutorials live. He also has a youtube channel with 8 million subscribers. Matt started to dance when he was 13 years old and still dances to this day. He worked with major artists such as Snoop Dogg, LMFAO and Chris Brown. This is a link to Matt’s youtube channel.